Logitech WebCam 9000 USB Mic

OSS specific Linux discussion (x86/amd64)

Moderators: cesium, dev, kodachi, hannu

Logitech WebCam 9000 USB Mic

Postby dmac » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:59 pm

I replaced my Ubuntu 9.04 ALSA and PulseAudio with the current oss-v4.2 build. So far the sound playback is far superior to my experiences with ALSA and PulseAudio. However, I can not figure out how to make my Logitech 9000 USB WebCam microphone record. I've set the System Preferences Sound Preferences to OSS4 - HD Audio play pcm and OSS4 - USB sound device rec. I've experimented with the volume sliders in ossxmix. However, when I try to record using Ekiga, Gnome Sound Recorder,... the sound is not recorded.

Any suggestions on how to make the webcam mic record sound?

Thanks,

Code: Select all
ossinfo -v3
Version info: OSS 4.2 (b 2002/200912151457) (0x00040100) GPL
Platform: Linux/i686 2.6.28-17-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 1 18:57:07 UTC 2009 (don-desktop)

Number of audio devices:   3
Number of audio engines:   7
Number of MIDI devices:      0
Number of mixer devices:   2


Device objects
0: osscore0 OSS core services
1: oss_hdaudio0 Intel HD Audio interrupts=2813910 (4022539)
    HD Audio controller Intel HD Audio
    Vendor ID    0x808627d8
    Subvendor ID 0x102801de
     Codec  0: STAC9200 (0x83847690/0x102801de)
2: oss_usb0 USB audio core services
3: usb046d0990-0 USB sound device
4: usb046d0990-1 USB sound device

MIDI devices (/dev/midi*)

Mixer devices
0: High Definition Audio STAC9200 (Mixer 0 of device object 1)
    Device file /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/mix0, Legacy device /dev/mixer0
    Priority: 10
    Caps:
    Device handle: PCI01de1028-0000:00:1b.0-mx01
    Device priority: 10

1: USB sound device (Mixer 0 of device object 3)
    Device file /dev/oss/usb046d0990-0/mix0, Legacy device /dev/mixer1
    Priority: 0
    Caps:
    Device handle: USB-usb046d0990-0-mx01
    Device priority: 0


Audio devices
HD Audio play pcm                 /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm0  (device index 0)
    Legacy device /dev/dsp0
    Caps: DUPLEX TRIGGER MMAP
    Modes: IN/OUT
      Out engine  1: 0/HD Audio play pcm
                     Busy (OUT) label 'VMIX'
      Engine      2: 2/HD Audio play pcm (vmix)
                     Busy (OUT) by PID 3911 / mpd label 'mpd'
      Engine      3: 3/HD Audio play pcm (vmix)
                     Available for use
      Engine      4: 4/HD Audio play pcm (vmix)
                     Available for use
      Engine      5: 5/HD Audio play pcm (vmix)
                     Available for use
    Input formats (0x00001010):
      AFMT_S16_LE   - 16 bit signed little endian
      AFMT_S32_LE   - 32 bit signed little endian
    Output formats (0x00001010):
      AFMT_S16_LE   - 16 bit signed little endian
      AFMT_S32_LE   - 32 bit signed little endian
    Device handle: PCI01de1028-0000:00:1b.0-au01
    Related mixer dev: 0
    Sample rate source: 0
    Preferred channel configuration: Not indicated
    Supported number of channels (min - max): 2 - 8
    Native sample rates (min - max): 44100 - 192000 (44100,48000,88200,96000,176400,192000)
    HW Type: Not indicated.
    Minimum latency: Not indicated

HD Audio rec select               /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcmin0  (device index 1)
    Legacy device /dev/dsp1
    Caps: DUPLEX TRIGGER MMAP
    Modes: IN/OUT
      In engine   1: 1/HD Audio rec select
                     Busy (IN) label 'VMIX_IN'
      Engine      2: 2/HD Audio play pcm (vmix)
                     Busy (OUT) by PID 3911 / mpd label 'mpd'
      Engine      3: 3/HD Audio play pcm (vmix)
                     Available for use
      Engine      4: 4/HD Audio play pcm (vmix)
                     Available for use
      Engine      5: 5/HD Audio play pcm (vmix)
                     Available for use
    Input formats (0x00001010):
      AFMT_S16_LE   - 16 bit signed little endian
      AFMT_S32_LE   - 32 bit signed little endian
    Output formats (0x00001010):
      AFMT_S16_LE   - 16 bit signed little endian
      AFMT_S32_LE   - 32 bit signed little endian
    Device handle: PCI01de1028-0000:00:1b.0-au02
    Related mixer dev: 0
    Sample rate source: 0
    Preferred channel configuration: Not indicated
    Supported number of channels (min - max): 2 - 2
    Native sample rates (min - max): 44100 - 192000 (44100,48000,88200,96000,176400,192000)
    HW Type: Not indicated.
    Minimum latency: Not indicated

USB sound device rec              /dev/oss/usb046d0990-1/pcmin0  (device index 2)
    Legacy device /dev/dsp2
    Caps: TRIGGER MMAP
    Modes: INPUT 
      In engine   1: 6/USB sound device rec
                     Available for use
    Input formats (0x00000010):
      AFMT_S16_LE   - 16 bit signed little endian
    Output formats (0x00000010):
      AFMT_S16_LE   - 16 bit signed little endian
    Device handle: USB-usb046d0990-1-au01
    Related mixer dev: 1
    Sample rate source: 6
    Preferred channel configuration: MONO
    Supported number of channels (min - max): 1 - 1
    Native sample rates (min - max): 16000 - 16000 (16000)
    HW Type: Not indicated.
    Minimum latency: Not indicated


Nodes
  /dev/dsp -> /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm0
  /dev/dsp_in -> /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm0
  /dev/dsp_out -> /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm0
  /dev/dsp_mmap -> /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm0
  /dev/dsp_multich -> /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm0
dmac
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:48 pm

Re: Logitech WebCam 9000 USB Mic

Postby cesium » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:01 pm

USB record often doesn't work with the oss_usb driver.. There was some hackish methods to make it work (I sometimes use this diff and build from source. There were some other ideas too before the forum crash). See if you've got an "altsetting" option in the usb mixer, and try changing it and seeing if recording works.
cesium
Developer
 
Posts: 902
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:51 am

Re: Logitech WebCam 9000 USB Mic

Postby igorzwx » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:15 pm

cesium wrote:USB record often doesn't work with the oss_usb driver.. There was some hackish methods to make it work (I sometimes use this diff and build from source. There were some other ideas too before the forum crash). See if you've got an "altsetting" option in the usb mixer, and try changing it and seeing if recording works.


I applied this practical solution to the problem:

Logitech ANALOG DESKTOP Mikrofon
http://www.amazon.de/Logitech-980240-09 ... 080&sr=8-4
http://www.amazon.de/Logitech-980240-09 ... =de_a_smtd

Price: EUR 12,78

with noise reduction (Rauschunterdrückung)

Highlights

* Mikrofon mit Rauschunterdrückung filtert unerwünschte Hintergrundgeräusche heraus
* Stummschalter
* Drehbar gelagertes Mikrofon
* Optionale Monitorhalterung zur Platzersparnis auf dem Schreibtisch
* Zwei Jahre Garantie

Produktmerkmale
# Frequenzgang: 100 Hz - 16KHz
# Mikrofon-Empfindlichkeit [dB]: 47
# Mikrofon-Typ: Deskmikrofon
igorzwx
Known Member
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:31 pm

Re: Logitech WebCam 9000 USB Mic

Postby o01eg » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:27 pm

Is any news about support for microphone on usb sound card?
I try to use patch on 2.4.2005 but get only "feature write error -32" in dmesg and "SNDCTL_MIX_WRITE: Broken pipe" when use ossxmix.
o01eg
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:19 am

Re: Logitech WebCam 9000 USB Mic

Postby igorzwx » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:31 pm

o01eg wrote:Is any news about support for microphone on usb sound card?
I try to use patch on 2.4.2005 but get only "feature write error -32" in dmesg and "SNDCTL_MIX_WRITE: Broken pipe" when use ossxmix.


What are you going to record?
igorzwx
Known Member
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:31 pm

Re: Logitech WebCam 9000 USB Mic

Postby o01eg » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:50 pm

A4tech (ID 093a:2700)
`ossrecord - | ossplay -` get only some noise.
o01eg oss # LANG="en_US.UTF8" cat /dev/oss/usb093a2700-0/mix0
cat: /dev/oss/usb093a2700-0/mix0: No such device or address
o01eg oss # LANG="en_US.UTF8" cat /dev/oss/usb093a2700-1/pcmin0
cat: /dev/oss/usb093a2700-1/pcmin0: Resource temporarily unavailable

# ossinfo
Version info: OSS 4.2 (b 2005/201108181932) (0x00040100) GPL
Platform: Linux/x86_64 2.6.39-gentoo-r3 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Aug 28 16:09:46 MSD 2011 (o01eg)

Number of audio devices: 13
Number of audio engines: 17
Number of MIDI devices: 2
Number of mixer devices: 4


Device objects
0: osscore0 OSS core services
1: oss_hdaudio0 Intel HD Audio interrupts=87415 (87415)
HD Audio controller Intel HD Audio
Vendor ID 0x8086293e
Subvendor ID 0x1458a022
Codec 2: ALC885 (0x10ec0885/0x1458a002)
2: oss_usb0 USB audio core services
3: usb093a2700-0 USB sound device
4: usb093a2700-1 USB sound device
5: oss_midiloop0 OSS MIDI loopback driver
6: usb093a2700-2 USB sound device
7: usb093a2700-3 USB sound device
8: usb093a2700-4 USB sound device
9: usb093a2700-5 USB sound device

MIDI devices (/dev/midi*)
0: MIDI loopback (MIDI port 1 of device object 5)
1: MIDI loopback server side (MIDI port 2 of device object 5)

Mixer devices
0: High Definition Audio ALC885 (Mixer 0 of device object 1)
1: (USB sound device )(Mixer 0 of device object 3)
2: (USB sound device )(Mixer 0 of device object 6)
3: USB sound device (Mixer 0 of device object 8)

Audio devices
HD Audio play front /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm0 (device index 0)
HD Audio play rear /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm1 (device index 1)
HD Audio play center/LFE /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm2 (device index 2)
HD Audio play side /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm3 (device index 3)
HD Audio play pcm4 /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm4 (device index 4)
HD Audio play spdif-out /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/spdout0 (device index 5)
HD Audio rec mix /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcmin0 (device index 6)
HD Audio rec mix /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcmin1 (device index 7)
HD Audio rec mix /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcmin2 (device index 8)
HD Audio rec spdifin /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/spdin0 (device index 9)
(USB sound device rec /dev/oss/usb093a2700-1/pcmin0 ) (device index 10)
(USB sound device rec /dev/oss/usb093a2700-3/pcmin0 ) (device index 11)
USB sound device rec /dev/oss/usb093a2700-5/pcmin0 (device index 12)

Nodes
/dev/dsp -> /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm0
/dev/dsp_in -> /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm0
/dev/dsp_out -> /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm0
/dev/dsp_ac3 -> /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/spdout0
/dev/dsp_mmap -> /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm0
/dev/dsp_multich -> /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm0
o01eg
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:19 am

Re: Logitech WebCam 9000 USB Mic

Postby igorzwx » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:59 pm

o01eg wrote:A4tech (ID 093a:2700)
`ossrecord - | ossplay -` get only some noise.
o01eg oss # LANG="en_US.UTF8" cat /dev/oss/usb093a2700-0/mix0
cat: /dev/oss/usb093a2700-0/mix0: No such device or address
o01eg oss # LANG="en_US.UTF8" cat /dev/oss/usb093a2700-1/pcmin0
cat: /dev/oss/usb093a2700-1/pcmin0: Resource temporarily unavailable

# ossinfo
Version info: OSS 4.2 (b 2005/201108181932) (0x00040100) GPL
Platform: Linux/x86_64 2.6.39-gentoo-r3 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Aug 28 16:09:46 MSD 2011 (o01eg)

Number of audio devices: 13
Number of audio engines: 17
Number of MIDI devices: 2
Number of mixer devices: 4


Device objects
0: osscore0 OSS core services
1: oss_hdaudio0 Intel HD Audio interrupts=87415 (87415)
HD Audio controller Intel HD Audio
Vendor ID 0x8086293e
Subvendor ID 0x1458a022
Codec 2: ALC885 (0x10ec0885/0x1458a002)
2: oss_usb0 USB audio core services
3: usb093a2700-0 USB sound device
4: usb093a2700-1 USB sound device
5: oss_midiloop0 OSS MIDI loopback driver
6: usb093a2700-2 USB sound device
7: usb093a2700-3 USB sound device
8: usb093a2700-4 USB sound device
9: usb093a2700-5 USB sound device

MIDI devices (/dev/midi*)
0: MIDI loopback (MIDI port 1 of device object 5)
1: MIDI loopback server side (MIDI port 2 of device object 5)

Mixer devices
0: High Definition Audio ALC885 (Mixer 0 of device object 1)
1: (USB sound device )(Mixer 0 of device object 3)
2: (USB sound device )(Mixer 0 of device object 6)
3: USB sound device (Mixer 0 of device object 8)

Audio devices
HD Audio play front /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm0 (device index 0)
HD Audio play rear /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm1 (device index 1)
HD Audio play center/LFE /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm2 (device index 2)
HD Audio play side /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm3 (device index 3)
HD Audio play pcm4 /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm4 (device index 4)
HD Audio play spdif-out /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/spdout0 (device index 5)
HD Audio rec mix /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcmin0 (device index 6)
HD Audio rec mix /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcmin1 (device index 7)
HD Audio rec mix /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcmin2 (device index 8)
HD Audio rec spdifin /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/spdin0 (device index 9)
(USB sound device rec /dev/oss/usb093a2700-1/pcmin0 ) (device index 10)
(USB sound device rec /dev/oss/usb093a2700-3/pcmin0 ) (device index 11)
USB sound device rec /dev/oss/usb093a2700-5/pcmin0 (device index 12)

Nodes
/dev/dsp -> /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm0
/dev/dsp_in -> /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm0
/dev/dsp_out -> /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm0
/dev/dsp_ac3 -> /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/spdout0
/dev/dsp_mmap -> /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm0
/dev/dsp_multich -> /dev/oss/oss_hdaudio0/pcm0


Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fo ... Bumping.27
igorzwx
Known Member
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:31 pm

Re: Logitech WebCam 9000 USB Mic

Postby eleanor41 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:24 am

Thanks for letting me know about other good stuff!
eleanor41
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:23 am


Return to Linux

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron