Help needed with M-Audio Delta LT

OSS specific Linux discussion (x86/amd64)

Moderators: cesium, dev, kodachi, hannu

Help needed with M-Audio Delta LT

Postby manser » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:27 pm

Hello

I'm fresh to that forum, vortexbox and almost fresh in linux. I ask you for help because i seem to be too stupid for this…

I have a setup on a atom based supermicro board with a Delta 1010LT. There's the actual VortexBox including Webmin running, and i want to control 5 VortexBox Players to be controllable via an RTI remote.

My Problem:

Only the first channels (L/R) are active in VortexBox Player by using plughw:0,0 (hw: doesn't work), on the other ones i cannot get out any audio. I tried every possible combination of numbers, there seem to be some stereo only device management thing (pulseaudio?)

Strange is also that i have to start alsamixer via console after reboot to bring up the levels of DAC… DAC7 again, thy are muted after reboot.

When i connect a 2ch USB interface it works on hw:1,0

I tried quite everything, also the drivers from opensound-com, but i don't know how to make them run.

Has anybody experience with that envy24 card? If you know some good wiki od how2do links it was very welcome!

Thank you!

Christian

————————————————–

Lache wenn's nicht zum Weinen reicht…
manser

Re: Help needed with M-Audio Delta LT

Postby igorzwx » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:41 pm

manser wrote:Hello

I'm fresh to that forum, vortexbox and almost fresh in linux. I ask you for help because i seem to be too stupid for this…

I have a setup on a atom based supermicro board with a Delta 1010LT. There's the actual VortexBox including Webmin running, and i want to control 5 VortexBox Players to be controllable via an RTI remote.

My Problem:

Only the first channels (L/R) are active in VortexBox Player by using plughw:0,0 (hw: doesn't work), on the other ones i cannot get out any audio. I tried every possible combination of numbers, there seem to be some stereo only device management thing (pulseaudio?)

Strange is also that i have to start alsamixer via console after reboot to bring up the levels of DAC… DAC7 again, thy are muted after reboot.

When i connect a 2ch USB interface it works on hw:1,0

I tried quite everything, also the drivers from opensound-com, but i don't know how to make them run.

Has anybody experience with that envy24 card? If you know some good wiki od how2do links it was very welcome!

Thank you!

Christian

————————————————–

Lache wenn's nicht zum Weinen reicht…

The problem is that you have ALSA, not OSS4. And this is a forum for OSS4 support.
We do not provide support for ALSA users, you may better try Ubuntu forum.

If you want to learn Linux, you may try this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3933#p17359
igorzwx
Supporter

Return to Linux