mixer.save not loading

OSS specific Linux discussion (x86/amd64)

Moderators: hannu, dev, cesium, kodachi

mixer.save not loading

Postby mikethehard » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:57 am

Hi there,

I'm having trouble loading my saved mixer settings when my computer boots. When I run savemixer it makes changes to the mixer.save file, but these changes aren't loaded when the computer reboots. I tried making the mixer.save file executable.

I've also simply tried running the mixer.save on it's own but this doesn't seem to change the ossxmix settings.

Any ideas for things I could try would be gratefully received. I'm running Mint 10 with Oss 4.2-2005.

cheers,
Michael
mikethehard

Re: mixer.save not loading

Postby cesium » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:03 am

It doesn't need to be executable. Can you paste it's location and contents here? How did you try to load it? ('savemixer -L'?). Try also 'savemixer -f (filename)' and 'savemixer -L -f (filename)'. Does this work?
cesium
Developer

Postby mikethehard » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:55 am

Hi Cesium,

Sorry for not getting back to you, I was away from my desktop.

I was trying to run the mixer.save file directly via 'run application'. savemixer -L does indeed work fine. It wasn't loading automatically when I started my machine so I've added the savemixer -L command to my start up applications list now and it loads my mixer settings when the machine boots.

As you can tell I'm quite a novice so I really appreciate your suggestions and assistance in getting it working.

best,
Mike
mikethehard

Postby mikethehard » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:20 pm

hmmm...the problem is only half fixed.

If my session begins with an auto-login then all the levels are reset to zero. However, if I login manually via the login screen then it loads the previous mixer settings from when I last shut the computer down.

I tried auto-login with a 1 second wait to choose another user before auto logging in, so the login screen is briefly displayed... It works with that setting and loads the last mixer settings

Any ideas why this could be. It's not really a big issue now since the auto-login with small interval to choose another user works, but it seems a bit odd?

cheers,
Michael
mikethehard

Postby cesium » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:06 pm

Could it be you have some other mixer program which has its own stored levels and it zeros the mixer upon loading?
cesium
Developer

Return to Linux