CM8738 not recognized, Delta1010LT is ok thogh

OSS specific Solaris discussion (x86/SPARC)

Moderators: hannu, dev, kodachi, cesium

CM8738 not recognized, Delta1010LT is ok thogh

Postby fleers » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:30 am

I have installed oss-v4.0-152-i386.pkg and it recognizes my Delta1010LT ard just fine, I also have C-Media cm8738 built in to the motherboard and it is not recognized.


The c-media should be: cmpci pci13f6,111 CMedia CM8738/CM8768

# prtconf -v|grep pci13f6,111
value='pci13f6,111.10fd.a419.10' + 'pci13f6,111.10fd.a419' + 'pci10fd,a419' + 'pci13f6,111.10' + 'pci13f6,111' + 'pciclass,040100' + 'pciclass,0401'


---
OSS/Solaris 4.0-BETA (build 152/200603030256) (C) 4Front Technologies 1996-2006

**** UNREGISTERED VERSION ****

This OSS version will expire after: Sep 2006
Build: 200603030256

Card config:
0: ossaudios0 SADA compatibility layer
1: oss0 OSS core services
2: midiloop0 OSS MIDI loopback driver
3: ossusb0 USB audio/MIDI device
4: softoss0 OSS Virtual Mixer v3.0
5: envy240 M Audio Delta 1010LT

Audio devices:
0: M Audio Delta 1010LT out1/2
Opened by: SADA/0 @ 48000/48000 Hz Fragment: Not started
1: M Audio Delta 1010LT out3/4
2: M Audio Delta 1010LT out5/6
3: M Audio Delta 1010LT out7/8
4: M Audio Delta 1010LT S/PDIF out
5: M Audio Delta 1010LT in1/2
6: M Audio Delta 1010LT in3/4
7: M Audio Delta 1010LT in5/6
8: M Audio Delta 1010LT in7/8
9: M Audio Delta 1010LT S/PDIF in
10: M Audio Delta 1010LT input from mon. mixer
11: M Audio Delta 1010LT (all outputs)
12: M Audio Delta 1010LT (all inputs)

MIDI devices:
0: MIDI loopback
1: MIDI loopback server side
2: M Audio Delta 1010LT #1

Mixers:
0: M Audio Delta 1010LT

What do I need to do to get ossdetect to see the cmedia device?

# ossdetect
rem_drv envy24
Device busy
Cannot unload module: envy24
Will be unloaded upon reboot.
rem_drv midiloop
Device busy
Cannot unload module: midiloop
Will be unloaded upon reboot.
rem_drv ossusb
Device busy
Cannot unload module: ossusb
Will be unloaded upon reboot.
rem_drv softoss
Device busy
Cannot unload module: softoss
Will be unloaded upon reboot.
rem_drv ossaudios
Device busy
Cannot unload module: ossaudios
Will be unloaded upon reboot.
Device busy
Cannot unload module: osscore
Will be unloaded upon reboot.
add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' osscore
add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' -i '"pci1412,d63b"' envy24
add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' -i '"MIDILOOP"' midiloop
add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' -i '"usbif,class1" "usb763,1001" "usb763,1002" "usb763,1014" "usb763,1015" "usbif763,classff" "usb499,1009" "usb499,101e"' ossusb
add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' softoss
add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' ossaudios


thanks,

-frank
fleers
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:21 am

Re: CM8738 not recognized, Delta1010LT is ok thogh

Postby dev » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:56 am

fleers wrote:I have installed oss-v4.0-152-i386.pkg and it recognizes my Delta1010LT ard just fine, I also have C-Media cm8738 built in to the motherboard and it is not recognized.


The c-media should be: cmpci pci13f6,111 CMedia CM8738/CM8768

# prtconf -v|grep pci13f6,111
value='pci13f6,111.10fd.a419.10' + 'pci13f6,111.10fd.a419' + 'pci10fd,a419' + 'pci13f6,111.10' + 'pci13f6,111' + 'pciclass,040100' + 'pciclass,0401'


---
OSS/Solaris 4.0-BETA (build 152/200603030256) (C) 4Front Technologies 1996-2006

**** UNREGISTERED VERSION ****

This OSS version will expire after: Sep 2006
Build: 200603030256

Card config:
0: ossaudios0 SADA compatibility layer
1: oss0 OSS core services
2: midiloop0 OSS MIDI loopback driver
3: ossusb0 USB audio/MIDI device
4: softoss0 OSS Virtual Mixer v3.0
5: envy240 M Audio Delta 1010LT

Audio devices:
0: M Audio Delta 1010LT out1/2
Opened by: SADA/0 @ 48000/48000 Hz Fragment: Not started
1: M Audio Delta 1010LT out3/4
2: M Audio Delta 1010LT out5/6
3: M Audio Delta 1010LT out7/8
4: M Audio Delta 1010LT S/PDIF out
5: M Audio Delta 1010LT in1/2
6: M Audio Delta 1010LT in3/4
7: M Audio Delta 1010LT in5/6
8: M Audio Delta 1010LT in7/8
9: M Audio Delta 1010LT S/PDIF in
10: M Audio Delta 1010LT input from mon. mixer
11: M Audio Delta 1010LT (all outputs)
12: M Audio Delta 1010LT (all inputs)

MIDI devices:
0: MIDI loopback
1: MIDI loopback server side
2: M Audio Delta 1010LT #1

Mixers:
0: M Audio Delta 1010LT

What do I need to do to get ossdetect to see the cmedia device?

# ossdetect
rem_drv envy24
Device busy
Cannot unload module: envy24
Will be unloaded upon reboot.
rem_drv midiloop
Device busy
Cannot unload module: midiloop
Will be unloaded upon reboot.
rem_drv ossusb
Device busy
Cannot unload module: ossusb
Will be unloaded upon reboot.
rem_drv softoss
Device busy
Cannot unload module: softoss
Will be unloaded upon reboot.
rem_drv ossaudios
Device busy
Cannot unload module: ossaudios
Will be unloaded upon reboot.
Device busy
Cannot unload module: osscore
Will be unloaded upon reboot.
add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' osscore
add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' -i '"pci1412,d63b"' envy24
add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' -i '"MIDILOOP"' midiloop
add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' -i '"usbif,class1" "usb763,1001" "usb763,1002" "usb763,1014" "usb763,1015" "usbif763,classff" "usb499,1009" "usb499,101e"' ossusb
add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' softoss
add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' ossaudios


thanks,

-frank


Check to see if it's enabled in the BIOS. Then run ossdetect and you should see:

add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' osscore
add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' -i '"pci13f6,111"' cmpci
...
...


We've verified that it works in x86, amd64 and sparc.


best regards
Dev Mazumdar
dev
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:08 am
Location: Culver City, CA

Postby fleers » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:54 pm

Yes, it is enabled in BIOS. The output posted earlier is from ossdetect, it doesn't see the device. Have you tested with both devices in the same system? Can I add it by hand somehow with oss?

thanks,

-frank
fleers
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:21 am

Postby dev » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:55 pm

fleers wrote:Yes, it is enabled in BIOS. The output posted earlier is from ossdetect, it doesn't see the device. Have you tested with both devices in the same system? Can I add it by hand somehow with oss?

thanks,

-frank


You can try:
add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' -i '"pci13f6,111"' cmpci
dev
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:08 am
Location: Culver City, CA

Postby fleers » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:59 pm

add_drv worked. Thanks.... BTW, this is Open Solaris build 32.
fleers
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:21 am

Postby fleers » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:30 pm

An additional question -

How do I change the mixer so that this new device is the default when an application uses /dev/audio?

The playback device that I want to use is now /dev/dsp13.


thanks,

-frank

---

stout:dev --> ossinfo
Version info: OSS/Solaris 4.0-BETA (build 152/200603030256 (0x00040000)

Number of audio devices: 27
Number of MIDI devices: 3
Number of mixer devices: 3

MIDI devices (/dev/midi*)
00: MIDI loopback (MIDI port 1 of card 1)
01: MIDI loopback server side (MIDI port 2 of card 1)
02: M Audio Delta 1010LT #1 (MIDI port 1 of card 4)

Mixer devices (/dev/mixer*)
0: M Audio Delta 1010LT (Mixer 0 of card 4)
1: CMedia CMPCI (Mixer 0 of card 6)
2: Virtual Mixer (Mixer 0 of card 3)

Audio devices (/dev/dsp*)
0: M Audio Delta 1010LT out1/2 (audio port 0 of card 4)
1: M Audio Delta 1010LT out3/4 (audio port 2 of card 4)
2: M Audio Delta 1010LT out5/6 (audio port 4 of card 4)
3: M Audio Delta 1010LT out7/8 (audio port 6 of card 4)
4: M Audio Delta 1010LT S/PDIF out (audio port 8 of card 4)
5: M Audio Delta 1010LT in1/2 (audio port 10 of card 4)
6: M Audio Delta 1010LT in3/4 (audio port 12 of card 4)
7: M Audio Delta 1010LT in5/6 (audio port 14 of card 4)
8: M Audio Delta 1010LT in7/8 (audio port 16 of card 4)
9: M Audio Delta 1010LT S/PDIF in (audio port 18 of card 4)
10: M Audio Delta 1010LT input from mon. mixer (audio port 20 of card 4)
11: M Audio Delta 1010LT (all outputs) (audio port 0 of card 4)
12: M Audio Delta 1010LT (all inputs) (audio port 10 of card 4)
13: CMedia CM8768 (rev 68) (audio port 1 of card 6)
14: CMedia CM8768 (playback only) (audio port 2 of card 6)
15: OSS Virtual Mixer v3.0 Rec/Play CH #0 (audio port 1 of card 3)
16: OSS Virtual Mixer v3.0 Rec/Play CH #1 (audio port 2 of card 3)
17: OSS Virtual Mixer v3.0 Rec/Play CH #2 (audio port 3 of card 3)
18: OSS Virtual Mixer v3.0 Rec/Play CH #3 (audio port 4 of card 3)
19: OSS Virtual Mixer v3.0 Rec/Play CH #4 (audio port 5 of card 3)
20: OSS Virtual Mixer v3.0 Rec/Play CH #5 (audio port 6 of card 3)
21: OSS Virtual Mixer v3.0 Rec/Play CH #6 (audio port 7 of card 3)
22: OSS Virtual Mixer v3.0 Rec/Play CH #7 (audio port 8 of card 3)
23: Virtual Mixer Loopback Record CH #0 (audio port 9 of card 3)
24: Virtual Mixer Loopback Record CH #1 (audio port 10 of card 3)
25: Virtual Mixer Loopback Record CH #2 (audio port 11 of card 3)
26: Virtual Mixer Loopback Record CH #3 (audio port 12 of card 3)


---

--> ls -l /dev/audio
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root other 7 Mar 9 18:47 /dev/audio -> sound/0

--> ls -l /dev/sound/0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root other 44 Mar 9 18:47 /dev/sound/0 -> ../../devices/pseudo/ossaudios@0:sound,audio

--> ls -l /devices/pseudo/ossaudios@0:sound,audio
crw------- 1 fleers sdcsd 207, 0 Mar 9 20:42 /devices/pseudo/ossaudios@0:sound,audio



--> ls -l /dev/mix*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root other 55 Mar 9 18:47 /dev/mixer -> ../devices/pci@0,0/pci8086,244e@1e/pci1412,d63b@3:mixer
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root other 56 Mar 9 18:47 /dev/mixer0 -> ../devices/pci@0,0/pci8086,244e@1e/pci1412,d63b@3:mixer0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 56 Mar 13 07:56 /dev/mixer1 -> ../devices/pci@0,0/pci8086,244e@1e/pci10fd,a419@7:mixer1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 34 Mar 13 07:56 /dev/mixer2 -> ../devices/pseudo/softoss@0:mixer2
fleers
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:21 am

Postby dev » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:18 pm

fleers wrote:An additional question -

How do I change the mixer so that this new device is the default when an application uses /dev/audio?

The playback device that I want to use is now /dev/dsp13.


thanks,

-frank



Use ossctl and set the CMPCI device as the first deivce in the ouput list
(do the same for the recording device).

type ossxmix -d1 to access the mixer.


regards
Dev Mazumdar
dev
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:08 am
Location: Culver City, CA


Return to Solaris

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests

cron