FreeBSD7 -Mistake on package oss-freebsd7-v4.0-1011-i386.tbz

OSS specific BSD discussion (FreeBSD/NetBSD/OpenBSD)

Moderators: hannu, dev, cesium, kodachi

FreeBSD7 -Mistake on package oss-freebsd7-v4.0-1011-i386.tbz

Postby vslash » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:33 pm

Hi,
thanks for your work on FreeBSD7 and making a usefull and easy installation package for OSS. No licence msg at boot time, great thanks !

There's a mistake on the package above : 'Man pages' must be installed on /usr/share/man, not on /usr/man that is not a valid manpath nor a valid directory on FreeBSD.
You can leave your man pages on lib/oss too, but must setting up /etc/manpath.config to take effect.
If you would respect FreeBSD design, all OSS stuff must be installed on /usr/local, (/usr/local/lib, /usr/local/man, ...) but no problem.

I can send you a patch to correct that if you want.

Merry Christmas and happy new year to all,

--
v/
vslash

Re: FreeBSD7 -Mistake on package oss-freebsd7-v4.0-1011-i386

Postby dev » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:27 am

vslash wrote:Hi,
thanks for your work on FreeBSD7 and making a usefull and easy installation package for OSS. No licence msg at boot time, great thanks !

There's a mistake on the package above : 'Man pages' must be installed on /usr/share/man, not on /usr/man that is not a valid manpath nor a valid directory on FreeBSD.
You can leave your man pages on lib/oss too, but must setting up /etc/manpath.config to take effect.
If you would respect FreeBSD design, all OSS stuff must be installed on /usr/local, (/usr/local/lib, /usr/local/man, ...) but no problem.

I can send you a patch to correct that if you want.

Merry Christmas and happy new year to all,

--
v/

Aha that's the reason man sblive doesn't show up. OK that will be fixed.
As far as other path names for OSS - we need some kind of installation option that will allow people to install in any directory given on the pkg_add line.

regards
Dev Mazumdar
dev
Developer

Return to BSD