SB Live!5.1 Player OEM from DELL (1 trouble)

OSS specific BSD discussion (FreeBSD/NetBSD/OpenBSD)

Moderators: cesium, dev, kodachi, hannu

SB Live!5.1 Player OEM from DELL (1 trouble)

Postby cololo » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:49 am

This is my card:

none2@pci2:12:0: class=0x040100 card=0x80651102 chip=0x00021102 rev=0x0a hdr=0x00
vendor = 'Creative Labs'
device = 'EMU10000 Sound Blaster Live! (Also Live! 5.1) - OEM from DELL - CT4780'
class = multimedia
subclass = audio

i have installed oss3993b-freebsd-x86-v5.4-RELEASE on my freebsd5.4 box.
So everything is fine except 1 thing

Sound is quite good from fronts and rears. But there is no any sound from Subwoofer and Center. Neither when i'm listening mp3's nor ac3.

with the audio/emu10kx kernel module by Yuriy Tsibizov i haven't this trouble. sound was from all 5 speakers when mp3 is playbacking and when ac3 or dvd too.

maybe i just forget to tune some option in opensound driver? give me solution please.


P.S. ./ossinfo
Version info: OSS/FreeBSD 3.99.3b (0x00040000)

Number of audio devices: 9
Number of MIDI devices: 1
Number of mixer devices: 1

MIDI devices (/dev/midi*)
00: SB Live external MIDI (MIDI port 0 of card 0)
Mixer devices (/dev/mixer*)
0: SB Live (STAC9708) (Mixer 0 of card 0)
Audio devices (/dev/dsp*)
0: SB Live (audio port 0 of card 0)
1: SB Live playback 1 (front) (audio port 1 of card 0)
2: SB Live playback 2 (surround) (audio port 2 of card 0)
3: SB Live playback 3 (center/lfe) (audio port 3 of card 0)
4: SB Live playback 4 (audio port 4 of card 0)
5: SB Live playback 5 (audio port 5 of card 0)
6: SB Live playback 6 (audio port 6 of card 0)
7: SB Live playback 7 (audio port 7 of card 0)
8: SB Live 5.1 output device (audio port 8 of card 0)
cololo
 

Re: SB Live!5.1 Player OEM from DELL (1 trouble)

Postby dev » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:45 pm

cololo wrote:This is my card:

none2@pci2:12:0: class=0x040100 card=0x80651102 chip=0x00021102 rev=0x0a hdr=0x00
vendor = 'Creative Labs'
device = 'EMU10000 Sound Blaster Live! (Also Live! 5.1) - OEM from DELL - CT4780'
class = multimedia
subclass = audio

i have installed oss3993b-freebsd-x86-v5.4-RELEASE on my freebsd5.4 box.
So everything is fine except 1 thing

Sound is quite good from fronts and rears. But there is no any sound from Subwoofer and Center. Neither when i'm listening mp3's nor ac3.

with the audio/emu10kx kernel module by Yuriy Tsibizov i haven't this trouble. sound was from all 5 speakers when mp3 is playbacking and when ac3 or dvd too.

maybe i just forget to tune some option in opensound driver? give me solution please.


You cannot get output from center/sub or rear/surround speakers if you are playing MP3s. MP3 music is stereo and only will be heard from front speakers. If you play DVDs with 5.1 dolby surround via the /dev/dsp_multich device you will hear the audio on center/sub.

In windows, Creative does Dolby Prologic (creative calls it CMSS) conversion of stereo to 5.1 surround sound. So when you play mp3s in Windows, it gets converted to 5.1 surround. We have similar technology (see Surroundizer at http://www.oss3d.com/tech.html) but it is not yet integrated into OSS.



regards
Dev Mazumdar
dev
Developer
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:08 am
Location: Culver City, CA

Postby gafty » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:32 pm

Hello!
I also have an OEM DELL SB Live!
EMU10000 Sound Blaster Live! (Also Live! 5.1) - OEM from DELL - CT4780

And I have the same problem with center and SW output! How can I make it work ? I don't care abour center output, but I want SW output !

Thanks in advance !
gafty
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:42 pm

Postby dev » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:56 am

gafty wrote:Hello!
I also have an OEM DELL SB Live!
EMU10000 Sound Blaster Live! (Also Live! 5.1) - OEM from DELL - CT4780

And I have the same problem with center and SW output! How can I make it work ? I don't care abour center output, but I want SW output !

Thanks in advance !



you need to disable SPDIF to get Center output working. You can ONLY hear center output if your audio stream is 5.1 (like DVD audio)



regards
Dev Mazumdar
dev
Developer
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:08 am
Location: Culver City, CA

Postby gafty » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:39 pm

Thanks for your promt answer! I'll try to disable SPDIF, and let you know if it works !
gafty
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:42 pm

Postby dev » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:28 pm

gafty wrote:Thanks for your promt answer! I'll try to disable SPDIF, and let you know if it works !


read the readme.EMU10K1X file to set the config option.
dev
Developer
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:08 am
Location: Culver City, CA


Return to BSD

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron