oss with macromedia flash

OSS specific Solaris discussion (x86/SPARC)

Moderators: cesium, dev, kodachi, hannu

oss with macromedia flash

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:33 pm

guys,

I'm running Solaris 10 with the latest oss drivers. I've downloaded the flash plugin for mozilla1.7.5. Everything works in that flash loads and sound is there also with the flash that is playing, however I notice that the sound and the flash gets slowly out of sync with each other. For example, loading the www.bluemountain.com ecards...I only have to have one of these cards open for say 10seconds or so and the flash seems to slow right down. Without the oss drivers, everything seems to be fine.

Any ideas or thoughts?

thanks

Re: oss with macromedia flash

Postby dev » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:18 pm

Anonymous wrote:guys,

I'm running Solaris 10 with the latest oss drivers. I've downloaded the flash plugin for mozilla1.7.5. Everything works in that flash loads and sound is there also with the flash that is playing, however I notice that the sound and the flash gets slowly out of sync with each other. For example, loading the www.bluemountain.com ecards...I only have to have one of these cards open for say 10seconds or so and the flash seems to slow right down. Without the oss drivers, everything seems to be fine.

Any ideas or thoughts?

thanks

I'ts a known problem with Flash - we're working on a solution for this - please wait.

regards
Dev Mazumdar
dev
Developer

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:01 am

cool Dev, any time scales ? :wink:

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:44 pm

Dev, do you have a time frame when this will be fixed?
Thanks

Postby dev » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:22 pm

Anonymous wrote:Dev, do you have a time frame when this will be fixed?
Thanks

We're working with Macromedia to have them support the OSS API (which works fine on Linux and FreeBSD (via linux emu).

So this may take a while. You're options are to see if the opensource flash player compile/work - since they have OSS support (google for it).

best regards
Dev Mazumdar
dev
Developer

Return to Solaris