OSS License

OSS specific BSD discussion (FreeBSD/NetBSD/OpenBSD)

Moderators: cesium, dev, kodachi, hannu

OSS License

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:14 pm

Q5: What happened to lowlevel driver options that were available in the past?
A5: With OSS v3.99.2a we did away with lowlevel driver options. The price has increased a bit but the end result is that if you have any number of different devices, one license key will be used to control all the devices. The optional license is need you have a professional audio device.

The new approach makes it simple for customers to just install OSS and get a license key without having to know what sound card they have. Customers with existing licenses should see no problems with the new drivers and the new licensing menachisms. Customers with existing OSS licenses should have no problems adding additiona devices and getting them configured - no additional payment is necessary.

I just want to clarify this means that if I buy a new sound card i dont need to buy a new license as long as its on the same OS right?

Re: OSS License

Postby dev » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:38 pm

Anonymous wrote:Q5: What happened to lowlevel driver options that were available in the past?
A5: With OSS v3.99.2a we did away with lowlevel driver options. The price has increased a bit but the end result is that if you have any number of different devices, one license key will be used to control all the devices. The optional license is need you have a professional audio device.

The new approach makes it simple for customers to just install OSS and get a license key without having to know what sound card they have. Customers with existing licenses should see no problems with the new drivers and the new licensing menachisms. Customers with existing OSS licenses should have no problems adding additiona devices and getting them configured - no additional payment is necessary.

I just want to clarify this means that if I buy a new sound card i dont need to buy a new license as long as its on the same OS right?

Right!.

best regards
Dev Mazumdar
dev
Developer

Return to BSD