Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Using external (PCI-attached) audio card (SB Live 5.1), because no drivers exist for the motherboard's built-it sound card.
- The distortion can be clearly heard from the speakers. Front and rear channels exhibit the same symptom.
- It is only audible during playback
- It occurs randomly but very often and is audible until audio is stopped.
- Workaround so far has been to stop and start the software playing the audio a few times.
- Restarting OSS itself doesn't make any difference.
- Nibbling with audio settings doesn't make any difference.