How To Obtain Petrov's OSS4 DeaDBeef Plugin?

OSS specific Linux discussion (x86/amd64)

Moderators: cesium, dev, kodachi, hannu

How To Obtain Petrov's OSS4 DeaDBeef Plugin?

Postby adamlau » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:43 pm

So how do we go about contacting Sergey Petrov (I am not able to find any of his posts on this forum) for the latest version of his "scientific sampler"? I disabled vmix and am running straight to my onboard HDAudio > RCA > Amplifier > Sub/Crossover > Speakers and am looking for an alternative to the standard OSS4 DeaDBeef plugin. Point us in the right direction, igorzwx :) .
Last edited by adamlau on Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
adamlau

Re: How To Obtain Petrov's OSS4 DeaDBeef Plugin?

Postby igorzwx » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:57 pm

adamlau wrote:So how do we go about contacting Sergey Petrov (I am not able to find any of his posts on this forum) for the latest version of his "scientific sampler"? I disabled vmix and am running straight to my Claro Halo > RCA > Amplifier > Sub/Crossover > Speakers and am looking for an alternative to the standard OSS4 DeaDBeef plugin. Point us in the right direction, igorzwx :) .

We have already discussed this problem in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4381#p17421 It seems that it was somehow solved.

As you might already have noticed, this forum is for testing OSS4 and OSS4 resamplers (Fast, High, Production quality, etc.). Although the standalone version of OSS4 SRC is not available for download, it is said to be easy to compile. It might be interesting, of course, to compare the OSS4 "Production quality" resampler with Weiss SARACON Sampling Rate Converter, but it seems to be a privilege for the elect. It is very probable that the OSS4 "Production quality" SRC is much better than Weiss SARACON SRC. It should not be difficult to create a special OSS4 plugin for DeadBeef with "Production quality" SRC. You may ask Cesium to explain how this can be done.

adamlau wrote: "scientific sampler"? :) .

If you cannot understand the source code of OSS4, you may try the ritual of "voting" in the style of Ubuntu forums. There is a belief that such rituals may help to solve technical problems.

There is a Russian proverb:
Those, who can program, are programming.
Those, who cannot program, are teaching programming.
Those, who cannot teach programming, are supervising programmers.
Those, who cannot supervise programmers, are trying to be very polite, if they really need a program.
Attachments
Configure_OSS_plugin.png.tar.gz
DeadBeef - Configure OSS plugin
(29.23 KiB) Downloaded 537 times
igorzwx
Supporter

Postby adamlau » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:45 am

Thanks, igorzwx...It appears as if the Petrov resampler is vaporware for most of us interested parties. No problems building OSS4 w/ "Production" on Arch, just that I have disabled vmix due to my desire to have my soundcard handle resampling. Was simply looking for an alternative to the DeaDBeef plugin interface to OSS4.
adamlau

Postby igorzwx » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:24 am

adamlau wrote:Thanks, igorzwx...It appears as if the Petrov resampler is vaporware for most of us interested parties. No problems building OSS4 w/ "Production" on Arch, just that I have disabled vmix due to my desire to have my soundcard handle resampling. Was simply looking for an alternative to the DeaDBeef plugin interface to OSS4.

Have you tried to modify the existing one? What is wrong with it?

EDIT: There is also a magic plugin for Audacious. The problem is that the large majority of Linux users do not hear the difference, because they are deaf to a certain extent. This was already proved with mathematical exactitude viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4423#p17789 It does not contradict the fact that the number of Linux users is comparable with the number of the deaf:
http://blogs.adobe.com/open/2011/06/foc ... lient.html
http://research.gallaudet.edu/Demographics/deaf-US.php
The deaf may not need exact resamplers, because they might be perfectly happy with PulseAudio, libsamplerate and other crap. That is why the "exact scientific resampler" and the magic plugins are somehow distributed among the Russian secret esoteric society of audiophiles. It is not difficult to obtain the magic tools, although, it may require a minimal intelligence.
igorzwx
Supporter

Return to Linux