Problem with OSS v4.0rc2 Build 179

OSS specific BSD discussion (FreeBSD/NetBSD/OpenBSD)

Moderators: hannu, dev, cesium, kodachi

Problem with OSS v4.0rc2 Build 179

Postby ansi » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:30 am

I use FreeBSD 6.1 and my sound card is SB Audigy2

I have a problem to play a sources with sample rate of 48000 Hz.

osstest work okay for me.

With v3.99 i had no problems :(

heir is some info:


# ossinfo
Version info: OSS 4.0rc2 (build 179/200612272036) (0x00040001)

Number of audio devices: 9
Number of audio engines: 0
Number of MIDI devices: 0
Number of mixer devices: 1


Device objects
0: sblive0 SB Audigy2
1: softoss0 OSS Virtual Mixer v3.0

MIDI devices (/dev/midi*)

Mixer devices (/dev/mixer*)
0: SB Audigy2 (STAC9721) (Mixer 0 of device object 0)

Audio devices
/dev/oss/sblive0/pcm0: SB Audigy2 (device index 0)
/dev/oss/sblive0/pcm1: SB Audigy2 playback 1 (front) (device index 1)
/dev/oss/sblive0/pcm2: SB Audigy2 playback 2 (surround) (device index 2)
/dev/oss/sblive0/pcm3: SB Audigy2 playback 3 (center/lfe) (device index 3)
/dev/oss/sblive0/pcm4: SB Audigy2 playback 4 (rear) (device index 4)
/dev/oss/sblive0/pcm5: SB Audigy2 playback 5 (device index 5)
/dev/oss/sblive0/pcm6: SB Audigy2 playback 6 (device index 6)
/dev/oss/sblive0/pcm7: SB Audigy2 raw S/PDIF (output only) (device index 7)
/dev/oss/sblive0/pcm8: SB Audigy2 5.1 output device (device index 8)

Please help me!
ansi
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:47 pm

Re: Problem with OSS v4.0rc2 Build 179

Postby dev » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:53 pm

ansi wrote:I use FreeBSD 6.1 and my sound card is SB Audigy2

I have a problem to play a sources with sample rate of 48000 Hz.

osstest work okay for me.

With v3.99 i had no problems :(

heir is some info:


# ossinfo
Version info: OSS 4.0rc2 (build 179/200612272036) (0x00040001)

Number of audio devices: 9
Number of audio engines: 0
Number of MIDI devices: 0
Number of mixer devices: 1


Device objects
0: sblive0 SB Audigy2
1: softoss0 OSS Virtual Mixer v3.0

MIDI devices (/dev/midi*)

Mixer devices (/dev/mixer*)
0: SB Audigy2 (STAC9721) (Mixer 0 of device object 0)

Audio devices
/dev/oss/sblive0/pcm0: SB Audigy2 (device index 0)
/dev/oss/sblive0/pcm1: SB Audigy2 playback 1 (front) (device index 1)
/dev/oss/sblive0/pcm2: SB Audigy2 playback 2 (surround) (device index 2)
/dev/oss/sblive0/pcm3: SB Audigy2 playback 3 (center/lfe) (device index 3)
/dev/oss/sblive0/pcm4: SB Audigy2 playback 4 (rear) (device index 4)
/dev/oss/sblive0/pcm5: SB Audigy2 playback 5 (device index 5)
/dev/oss/sblive0/pcm6: SB Audigy2 playback 6 (device index 6)
/dev/oss/sblive0/pcm7: SB Audigy2 raw S/PDIF (output only) (device index 7)
/dev/oss/sblive0/pcm8: SB Audigy2 5.1 output device (device index 8)

Please help me!



osstest tests audio at 48Khz mode. What application are you using to play audio at 48Khz?



regards
Dev Mazumdar
dev
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:08 am
Location: Culver City, CA

Re: Problem with OSS v4.0rc2 Build 179

Postby ansi » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:07 pm

dev wrote:
osstest tests audio at 48Khz mode. What application are you using to play audio at 48Khz?



regards
Dev Mazumdar


Hi Dev,

funny with osstest, i had to know that.
i use mplayer:

# mplayer -ao oss:/dev/dsp7 somefile.avi

and these work for me without sound interruption:

# mplayer -srate 44100 -ao oss:/dev/dsp7 somefile.avi
ansi
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:47 pm

Re: Problem with OSS v4.0rc2 Build 179

Postby dev » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:00 pm

ansi wrote:
dev wrote:
osstest tests audio at 48Khz mode. What application are you using to play audio at 48Khz?



regards
Dev Mazumdar


Hi Dev,

funny with osstest, i had to know that.
i use mplayer:

# mplayer -ao oss:/dev/dsp7 somefile.avi

and these work for me without sound interruption:

# mplayer -srate 44100 -ao oss:/dev/dsp7 somefile.avi



/dev/dsp7 is the raw SPDIF device that will only work at 48KHz. If you want to play audio other than 48Khz you can use /dev/dsp0 which will also play SPDIF output and handle all rates.


regards
Dev Mazumdar
dev
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:08 am
Location: Culver City, CA

Re: Problem with OSS v4.0rc2 Build 179

Postby ansi » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:13 pm

dev wrote:
ansi wrote:
dev wrote:
osstest tests audio at 48Khz mode. What application are you using to play audio at 48Khz?



regards
Dev Mazumdar


Hi Dev,

funny with osstest, i had to know that.
i use mplayer:

# mplayer -ao oss:/dev/dsp7 somefile.avi

and these work for me without sound interruption:

# mplayer -srate 44100 -ao oss:/dev/dsp7 somefile.avi



/dev/dsp7 is the raw SPDIF device that will only work at 48KHz. If you want to play audio other than 48Khz you can use /dev/dsp0 which will also play SPDIF output and handle all rates.


regards
Dev Mazumdar


yes, that is. But i need raw SPDIF device. I send signal an AV Receiver.

I was not exact in may last post. I use mplayer with option "-ao hwac3," but results with and without this option are same.

What is new in OSS v4.0? I had no problem with last one.

Regards

Eugenie
ansi
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:47 pm

Postby ansi » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:09 pm

Dev,

don't ignore my posts please help me!
ansi
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:47 pm


Return to BSD

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron