Gamepad support

OSS specific BSD discussion (FreeBSD/NetBSD/OpenBSD)

Moderators: hannu, dev, cesium, kodachi

Gamepad support

Postby raistphrk » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:23 pm

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder gamepad plugged into the MIDI/gamepad port of my SBLive 5.1 card. Does oss support gamepads in FreeBSD? I couldn't figure out how to get a gamepad to work with a PCI soundcard using standard FreeBSD klms or kernel support, so any suggestions would be helpful.

Bill
raistphrk

Postby raistphrk » Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:08 am

I guess I'm bumping this one. Sorry to be a pain, Dev, just want to make sure you didn't forget me. :wink:

Bill
raistphrk

Postby dev » Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:38 am

raistphrk wrote:I guess I'm bumping this one. Sorry to be a pain, Dev, just want to make sure you didn't forget me. :wink:

Bill

I haven't seen the joystick API for freebsd. OSS doesn't touch the joystick drivers. We
do enable the joystick ports so if your joystick driver can attach to it then check
to see if there is SBLive support for your joystick driver.

Alternatively you might want to port the emu10k1-gp driver (google for it)

regards
Dev Mazumdar
dev

Postby raistphrk » Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:06 pm

dev wrote:I haven't seen the joystick API for freebsd. OSS doesn't touch the joystick drivers. We do enable the joystick ports so if your joystick driver can attach to it then check to see if there is SBLive support for your joystick driver.

Alternatively you might want to port the emu10k1-gp driver (google for it)

regards
Dev Mazumdar

I just posed the question to the FreeBSD mailing list. If I get a definite answer, I'll let you know. I'd like to help other OSS users get full multimedia support in FreeBSD, and I'm sure 4Front will benefit from having the community help with those drivers as well.

Thanks,
Bill
raistphrk

Return to BSD