OSS Driver for FreeBSD 6-CURRENT (x86)

OSS specific BSD discussion (FreeBSD/NetBSD/OpenBSD)

Moderators: hannu, dev, cesium, kodachi

OSS Driver for FreeBSD 6-CURRENT (x86)

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:25 pm

Is it possible to try out your drivers on <subj.> and if it is possible, what package should I use?

--
CP

Re: OSS Driver for FreeBSD 6-CURRENT (x86)

Postby dev » Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:03 am

Anonymous wrote:Is it possible to try out your drivers on <subj.> and if it is possible, what package should I use?

--
CP

There is a check in /usr/lib/oss/scripts/install.sh that looks for FreeBSD 5 - just
change 5 to 6 and run /usr/lib/oss/scripts/install.sh - now you can try to setup OSS
again.

best regards
Dev
dev

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:12 pm

dev wrote:
There is a check in /usr/lib/oss/scripts/install.sh that looks for FreeBSD 5 - just
change 5 to 6 and run /usr/lib/oss/scripts/install.sh - now you can try to setup OSS
again.

I downloaded the 5.2.1 package, but as I cant complete the install of the binary oss-install file, because of a wrong version, i cant get to the point where i can change the file you mention...

Postby dev » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:18 am

Anonymous wrote:
dev wrote:
again.

I downloaded the 5.2.1 package, but as I cant complete the install of the binary oss-install file, because of a wrong version, i cant get to the point where i can change the file you mention...

Hi,

You can download the latest update from http://www.opensound.com/download.cgi

We've fixed up the problem. I don't know why FreeBSD 5.3-Beta thinks it's FreeBSD 6 (a bug in the kernel???)

best regards
dev
dev

Return to BSD