Open Sound System for HPUX
OSS provides device drivers for PCI soundcards under HP's HPUX 11
OSS comes with a user-friendly configuration tool that makes
adding and configuring sound cards into HPUX a snap.
OSS/HPUX complies with the Open Sound System API.
OSS 3.9.8f for HPUX 11i announced
- Support for SPDIF on SoundBlaster 128-Digital versions
- Added "record-what-you-hear" capture mode for AC97 devices
- Dynamically loadable kernel module
- Support for SBLive, Audigy/Audigy2, SBPCI128, FM801, CMI8738 and Digi32/96
4Front Advanced Audio Technologies:
- Virtual Synth - software wavetable synthesizer fo
r any 16bit audio card
- Input Multiplexer - record audio in multiple formats
at the same time using a single input source.
- Virtual Mixer - mix up to 8 separate audio apps i
n real time
The on board sound chips used on HP9000 machines are not supported. Also ISA
soundcards are not supported. We don't currently have any plans to add support
for these devices.